A word about hotel rates
We are "old Fashioned" – we believe in comfort, value, and warm hospitality at a consistent rate for all of our guests, all of the time, reflecting a fair and honest value.
You may find a cheaper price elsewhere, but likely not for a nicer stay.
- Rooms are ready by 3pm, if not earlier.
- Feel free to come and drop bags off anytime.
- The office is open until 11pm, but later check ins may be prearranged.
- 12 noon. We are happy to hold bags for a later departure.
Breakfast: 8 - 10:30am
Afternoon Tea: 4 - 6:30pm
- Continental breakfast and afternoon tea are included in the rates.
- Rooms are subject to 16.25% city hotel tax; parking (if needed) has a 14% parking tax. Both are subject to change at anytime.
- Cancellation period is 48 hours prior to arrival (three weeks prior to arrival for a group of 3 or more rooms). The first night's charges apply to a late cancellation or a no-show!
- Cancellations must be made by phone or email. Timely cancellations will receive a cancellation number.
Accessibility (A Note to Wheelchair Users)
- Our small hotel, originally constructed in 1913, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a Contributing Building in the Lower Nob Hill Apartment Hotel District. While it is a beautiful, historic building, an evaluation survey done by a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) concluded that the hotel was designed and built in such a way that it is not technically feasible to eliminate the front steps at the entrance or provide an alternative, compliant means of access for those who use wheelchairs. We regret that we cannot serve you.
- During peak season, we can allot a group up to a maximum of 5 rooms. Exceptions may be made during off season or for special circumstances. Group bookings must be made directly with our group specialist.
- Attempted group bookings made online without approval are subject to review by our group specialist and may be cancelled.
- Groups have a 3 week cancellation period and are charged in full upon entering that period. The charge can be split amongst multiple credit cards if prearranged.
- We have a few different options to accommodate families of different sizes. More information can be found on our Rates page of our website. Please call or email to discuss your family's needs.
- We are a dog-friendly hotel. There is a one-time $40 charge.
- Dogs may not be left alone in room and must be leashed when out of room and hotel (San Francisco law).
- San Francisco also has a pooper-scooper law. We have plenty of baggies if dog-owners forget to bring their own.
The entire hotel is NON-SMOKING
- City law and California law prohibits smoking of any kind in hotel public space and our rooms are all non-smoking. If you smoke in a room, cleaning and/or damage fees may be added to your bill.
- Parking is available directly across the street at 'P impark' 750 Bush Street on request at a fee of $30 per night with 24 hour in and out privileges